Friday, March 25, 2011

March Madness!

March definitely came in like a lion... Kellen was hospitalized again. I was counting, he has been hospitalized 6 times in the last 15months. This time it was another seizure at home. Kellen was taken to St. Joesph's hospital for workup. He had 2 more seizures while he was in the hospital. They did an MRI, EEG, EKG, and some lab work. Dr Johnsen our neurologist said the best case scenario was all the test would come back normal and we would not have an answer for his seizures. Thank goodness everything did come back normal and Kellen was put on an anti-seizure medication called Keppra. Here is hoping we have no more seizure!!
Because of Kellen's hospitalization and new onset seizures, I had to cancel my girls trip with my friends Christy and Luna. I was able to meet up with them for some dinner and drinks before they left. It was so nice to see them and spend some time with them even if it was shorter than I had planned.
March was full of sick kids. First Kellen would get sick then Owen, then Kellen again... on and on this whole month. However, I am hopeful that March is leaving like a lamb.. the boys are finally healthy and I had a great birthday thanks to my husband, boys, and my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment